Fire in Admiraliteitskade student accommodation building
A pan caught fire while students were cooking a meal. Two residents inhaled smoke, while…
The incident was caused by a pan fire. When the resident tried to throw the pan out of the window, some of the burning grease spilled on his arm, resulting in third-degree burns.
Two other students suffered from respiratory complaints. They have since been discharged from hospital. The furniture in the studio needs to be replaced. The resident is allowed to choose which personal items he would like to keep.
The other rooms suffered only minor damage. The doors remained closed during the fire, meaning that there was hardly even any damage from soot or smoke. According to a spokesperson from Holland2Stay, the lessor, the major damage item will be repairing the doors kicked in by the fire department.
Let me be the first to suggest that the student in question receives a hefty fine, for trying to endanger the health of the other people because of his own screw up. Who the hell just throws it out of the kitchen? There are other apartments under it and possibly other people walking….