We're looking for:
Journalists with a sharp pen and a keen nose for news who wish to produce news stories, journalistic reports and interviews.
A video reporter who is not afraid to appear on camera, accost fellow students on campus and create video reports on student life in Rotterdam and other subjects.
A camera person and/or video editor who goes on the road with a reporter to shoot footage for a great story and/or is able to create quick montages for EM’s video productions.
In a perfect world, you would already have some experience of your chosen field, but that is not a hard requirement. It is much more important that you aspire to be a journalist, love visuals or written work and have a flair for either. We also expect you to be available for the entire 2021-2022 academic year to work on a story at least once or twice per month.
An interesting side job in which you can gain experience and explore whether a career in journalism is your cup of tea. You will be granted a financial allowance for your contributions to EM. You will be supervised by professional journalists and will join a wonderful, socially engaged and sharp-witted team.
Interested in joining us?
If so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 13 September, and be sure to include the following information:
- In your subject line, state ‘job application’ + the name of the position you are applying for;
- Explain why you would make a good candidate for that position (no more than 200 words);
- Incorporate your relevant writing, presenting, videography or video-editing experience into a short resume;
- list relevant productions (text or video) in an attachment to the email;
- don’t forget to mention your name, age and degree programme.
Please address your email to Tim Ficheroux (senior editor). If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact our editors on the same email address.