Please note: Your very first comment on our site must be personally approved by the editors. This may take some time, especially outside office hours. If your comment is approved, your next comment will be posted automatically and only checked against the rules later on.
- Once posted, comments stay posted. We do not remove any contributions to discussions afterwards even if asked to do so. For this reason, do not write anything you may later regret.
- Do not pass yourself off as someone else. We would appreciate it if you would use your own name/first name when leaving comments. Anonymous comments are allowed, provided it is clear that you are using a pseudonym.
- Keep your comments civil. Do not use abusive or profane language.
- No racism or threats.
- Comments that are knowingly false will be removed.
- Do not make needless ad hominem attacks.
- Only post responses that are relevant to the content of the article; in other words, stay on topic.
- Comments are intended to foster debate. Repeating the same point only makes any sense if it is done with fresh arguments.
- Discussions about the removal of the article are not allowed.
- Advertising or off-topic hyperlinks will be removed.
- If you find a factual inaccuracy or a typo, rather than leaving a comment below the post, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments that are in breach of the above rules may be removed. EM reserves the right to permanently block users who repeatedly breach the rules or commit serious violations. Also, if a discussion gets out of hand, EM may close the comments section below an article. The discussion will be permanently closed for comments one month after publication of the article.
EM reserves the right to remove comments without entering into further correspondence, and to amend the above rules at a later date and apply them retrospectively.
If you would like to tell your story with complete anonymity, you can also e-mail EM at our protected e-mail address email@example.com.